Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Best Laid Plans

Well I had planned to work more on the house today, establishing my routines, decluttering. And then my one year old fell and cut the inside of his mouth. All those plans went right out the window. The poor baby was bleeding and crying. Doctor says he had cut his frenulum (sp?) and did not need stitches. Thank goodness for that! Can you imagine how scary the emergency room would be to a little guy like that? Yipes.

My four year old was a peach through the whole thing, letting Daddy take him to his first day of preschool while I took his bro to the doctor.

The brave little dude even let the doctor check his lip, no tears, no wiggling. What a trooper!

Good to know my kids are good in an emergency!

Before all this excitement, I finished my latest project, one that I designed before I found out that someone else already designed something eerily similar (her version here - Ravelry link) While hers is a wimple, mine is a simple lace cowl. Pattern for mine with pictures to come tomorrow.

Today I cast on a go-to project, another baby bib from the Mason Dixon Knitting book. My sister has a few and RAVES about them, so I'm making bibs my car project for sitting in line at the bank, the preschool, the carwash, wherever I'm stuck in the car for a time. It is nice to have something to fill the gaps between projects, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment