Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolute

Happy New Year! We are finally home from all our holiday traveling! Boy am I glad to be home. It is very nice to visit family, but I've gots stuff ta do!

Today I took inventory of all the lovely rovings and yarns in stock. I was very tempted to sneak a skein and start a new project, but decided to be good and leave all the yummies for the customers. For now. Instead, I started getting ready for our big Anniversary sale! It is hard to believe the shop has been open for a whole year. The sale will be just two days, January 22nd and 23rd, and everything will be 50% off, so the inventory needs to be ready to roll!

I sorted out the skeins that need labels, and those that need new photos and started taking pictures. Tonight I'll be printing labels until bedtime. Tomorrow, reskeining and braiding. Cheryl sent me home from New Year's with a BIG box of newly dyed rovings which are GORGEOUS! Would you like to see? Of course you would! Here's a few teaser pics...




Arctic Ice progression dyed in Merino.



Persuasion progression dyed in Merino.

See? You thought I was kidding about the beauteousness! These and more will be in the shop in time for the sale, Sale, SALE!

On a completely different note, I have resolutions!
  • Do more feminine-type stuff. (like making sure I brush my hair everyday... )
  • Get to the gym.
  • Design a knitting pattern a month. (at least)
  • Start gift knitting NOW. (I'm trying to make the holidays less hectic next time around)
  • Knit for the shop.
  • Learn more about marketing the shop, to start the 2nd year off with a bang!

Do you have resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment